Comprehensive change management support for service redesign and transformation, incorporating all or any combination of the following elements:
We build support around your in-house capacity, independently managing and delivering change programmes, tailored to your individual needs.
Our award-winning Service Redesign and Transformation Team has a proven track record of working in partnership with clients to design, develop, implement and evaluate cost effective service transformation projects. We help you to solve problems by delivering new models of care which improve patient outcomes and experience, making services more efficient and sustainable.
• Knowledge and skills to take on projects at any scale: from changes to particular patient pathways (at specialty or disease level), through service reconfiguration to multi-agency, system-wide integration.
• A holistic approach to transformational change that covers culture and consultation; shared purpose; implementation; and accountability, to deliver change which is affordable, deliverable and effective.
• Tools and knowledge to deliver new models of care and develop Sustainability and Transformation Plans. This includes our robust logic models and evaluation system which helps CCGs and vanguard sites fully understand the impact of change and quickly identify the effectiveness of individual interventions. Services also include accelerated learning events, options appraisals and business case development.
• Extensive experience of working in partnership with local authorities and providers to transform a range of health care services.
• Support to develop sustainable programmes which reduce reliance on acute services, drawing on our experience of delivering diverse redesign projects from telehealth systems to self-management pulmonary rehabilitation programmes.
• Detailed knowledge of community, voluntary and third sector providers, investing in programmes that improve the capacity of these organisations to take on a greater role in delivering commissioning priorities.
• Close working with private sector partners and national bodies to explore service change built on innovative contracting methods such as outcomes-based commissioning and capitated payments.
We bring you a pragmatic, practical approach to help you to move from the ‘what’ through the ‘how’. We don’t just stop at strategy, strategic outline case or business case development, we also provide implementation support, project management office (PMO) and evaluation.
Our service redesign team combines senior level transformation experience, clinical expertise and direct experience of working for acute trusts, commissioning organisations, local authorities and third sector organisations. They are supported by our 300 clinical staff that provide specialist expertise where needed.
As part of the NHS family, we understand the pressures you face in delivering better patient care alongside greater efficiencies. We have unrivalled expertise in the development and delivery of integrated, cost-effective care across regions - incorporating health and social care, community, acute, mental and physical health services.
In addition to our in house expertise, we have an established network of partners with national and international experience to enhance redesign capabilities where needed.
“The Arden & GEM team recognised the need for excellent communication and remained focussed on solutions and good outcomes, with an end result of all local transformation plans being assured and deadlines being met.”
Joanna Yellon, Head of Assurance, Operations & Delivery, NHS England Health Services
We worked with the Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust to improve the quality and efficiency of mental health services across the Arden region by bringing mental health patients back to local providers. Benefiting patients, providers and commissioners, this project has delivered over £12 million in cost savings while providing high quality, locally based services to patients. In 2015, this project won the HSJ Value in Healthcare Award for mental health.
Working with the CCG, providers and local authority, we managed and implemented a new integrated model of care, where patients are treated and assessed in a care home setting, instead of an acute hospital. Having demonstrated the potential for real system change and improved outcomes for patients, the innovative Discharge to Access (D2A) service is now well established as part of the wider model for frailty and integrated care in Warwickshire.
“This project has given real hope to those people, many of whom are becoming more independent and taking on positive roles in their local community.”
Sue Smith, General Manager, Secondary Care Mental Health Services
To view all our Service Redesign and Transformation case studies please click here.