Our highly experienced and clinically-led team offers a range of services to support commissioners. We ensure that provider contracts are delivered with optimum clinical, quality and safety standards, whilst simultaneously delivering the best possible value for money.
• Robust systems and processes to effectively manage and monitor the quality and safety of your contracts, drawing on our experience of managing over 500 NHS Continuing Healthcare contracts. All contracts are assessed against factors such as contract value, risk, complaints, serious incidents / safeguarding, multi-agency engagement, location and performance.
• Access to our clinical experts to ensure patient needs are being met. Our senior and specialist nurses are skilled in many areas including tissue viability, infection prevention and control, dementia and challenging behaviour.
• The ‘Bravo’ portal – our bespoke system which encourages effective contract management, facilitates communication with providers and delivers a full audit trail of contract changes, suspension or performance notices.
• An established Service Escalation Panel (SEP), developed in partnership with local authorities across our customer base, which risk assesses poor performing providers and imposes the appropriate sanctions.
• Our unique, web-based care homes dashboard (founded upon NHS Standard Contract and CQC Inspection guidance) which enables care homes to report on a range of clinical indicators as well as highlighting bed availability. The dashboard provides vital local intelligence so that commissioning decisions are based on accurate evidence.
• A full complaints and comments handling service to ensure positive and negative feedback from patients and other organisations is appropriately shared and lessons learned.
Our approach is based on proactive provider management so that any issues are identified and addressed quickly, keeping your patients safe and your service compliant.
Drawing on both our in house clinical expertise and effective use of robust IT systems, we work with you to monitor and manage performance as well as identifying and implementing ways to proactively improve service delivery.
To ensure patients across the East Midlands were receiving a high quality, safe transport service, we embedded a dedicated nursing post in the contract monitoring team and implemented a quality monitoring model which combines regular reporting with specialist guidance and training.
Commissioners can now access valuable patient safety and quality information while the nurse-led training and guidance has been welcomed by providers.
“I have been extremely impressed by the dedication of the clinical quality team ... I believe that patient and client experience has improved greatly as a result of the improved visibility of quality.”
Lynn Wilmott-Shepherd, Commissioning and Delivery Director, NHS Erewash Clinical Commissioning Group
To view our Quality and Clinical Governance case studies please click here.