From large scale national procurement programmes to bespoke local projects, we can support you at every stage of the procurement process, drawing on our cross-sector procurement expertise from across the health and social care system.
• Comprehensive strategic and transactional services, from pre-procurement advice through to contract award and mobilisation, using existing framework agreements or bespoke tenders.
• A procurement approach which supports cost-effective, patient-focused care and is delivered in line with EU Procurement regulations, statutory processes and Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) requirements.
• Experience of delivering a broad range of established and emerging contracts including Any Qualified Provider (AQP); outcomes-based commissioning (OBC); prime contractor – alliance contracts; as well as complex turnkey solutions.
• Detailed market analysis in partnership with our dedicated data analytics team.
• Risk management and mitigation expertise, combined with robust processes, to support the smooth running of every procurement.
• Access to our unique procurement library and strong network of stakeholders who are all committed to sharing knowledge and driving best practice across the system.
• An award-winning team with the skills and experience to provide specialist procurement advice, training and consultancy services.
From working with NHS England to source suppliers for large-scale programmes, to bespoke specialised services for individual CCGs, our team has a strong track record of working collaboratively with clients and potential suppliers to source sustainable solutions for our health and social care system.
Our approach ensures every brief is appropriately tested and refined so that the procurement process delivers the best and most cost effective solution.
We were commissioned to assist in the development of the procurement strategy and implementation for Community Services - a collaborative project consisting of 10 lots and involving six Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Nottinghamshire County Council. Our work included market engagement events with service providers and users, a two-stage procurement process and contract award. The key outcome objectives have been successfully delivered and efficiency savings of £9 million achieved.
NHS England commissioned Arden & GEM to procure a new solution for the 12 Child Health Information Services operating areas in the West Midlands. By proactively reviewing the required objectives, effectively engaging with the market and undertaking a thorough options appraisal, Arden & GEM was able to procure a new contract from a single supplier which has standardised processes and will deliver financial savings of £4.4 million over the five year contract period. The project won an HSJ Value in Healthcare Award in 2016.
“Our winners clearly demonstrated a really good use of procurement process, from soft market testing, right the way through to contract award. An excellent example of collaborative approach and all CSUs across the country should be informed of this fabulous work.”
HSJ Value in Healthcare Awards Judging Panel
To view our Procurement and Market Management case studies please click here.
Our winners clearly demonstrated a really good use of procurement process, from soft market testing, right the way through to contract award. An excellent example of collaborative approach and all CSU’s across the country should be informed of this fabulous work.