Our specialist Individual Funding Requests (IFR) team supports CCGs with the management of IFRs, the Prior Approval Process and the review of clinical commissioning policies. Working with our clients across the country, we provide the expertise and processes needed to aid decision-making, so that CCGs are able to deliver a fast, efficient service.
• An end-to-end service to manage and administer IFRs, from receipt to decision and notification, as well as case reviews.
• Support with co-ordinating and facilitating IFR panels, including sourcing information, obtaining specialist advice, answering policy questions and gathering evidence from clinicians.
• Careful monitoring to ensure policies and procedures are followed, reducing the CCG’s workload and exposure to risk.
• Comprehensive reporting information.
• Management and administration of the Prior Approval Process, applying the CCG’s policy criteria and ensuring timeframes are adhered to.
• Support with co-ordinating Clinical Commissioning Policy development and the review process, including identifying best practice, liaising with Public Health England, producing and circulating relevant documentation, assisting policy development groups and managing the policy through the CCG.
• Access to Blueteq® software, cutting the administrative burden and reducing paper use. This remotely accessible, secure technology provides a holistic approach to case management, supporting data collection and presentation, audit trails, decision monitoring, reporting and communication with stakeholders throughout.
Specifically designed to support CCGs, our experienced IFR team operates from five regional hubs that are co-located within customer areas. This offers an ideal combination of consistency across different CCG areas, while allowing sufficient local flexibility to meet individual customer requirements.
Clinically led and underpinned by the latest technology, our IFR service supports transparent and robust decision-making, designed to ensure that decisions are evidence based, equitable, timely and compliant with policy.
Arden & GEM provides a patient focused IFR service to over 20 CCGs serving a population in excess of six million. Through our extensive experience, we have a systematic approach to the collection and use of data, ensuring the IFR process is robustly followed for all patients, that the service delivers its Key Performance Indicators, and that only approved treatments are undertaken and paid for.
We also analyse trends to inform service improvement and development and provide an evidence base to support CCG prioritisation activities.
To view our Individual Funding Requests case studies please click here.
Solutions for Public Health, our specialist public health team, has long standing and current experience of providing public health input to the management of IFRs via its Consultants in Public Health Medicine supported by its evidence review team. For further details including how to contact SPH please visit their website.