Arden & GEM is delighted to have signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter as part of its commitment to work towards better mental health at work.
Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative which helps to empower organisations to take a lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of staff. The Charter recognises those employers who are positive towards, and provide proactive support for, employees experiencing mental ill-health.
Arden & GEM was able to evidence an extensive and effective wellbeing programme which focuses, in part, on mental wellbeing. The programme includes:
- Mental health awareness training, which has been accessed by more than 10% of staff
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme and occupational health services
- Promotion of campaigns such as ‘Time to Talk’
- Providing mental health first aiders
- Access to Easychange, an evidence-based digital portfolio of self-care tools which includes improving mood and reducing stress.
“Being a Mindful Employer is about increasing awareness of mental health, providing support networks and information, and encouraging people to talk about mental health in the workplace. This status represents a fantastic commitment from the organisation to its staff."
Carla Smith, Wellbeing Lead at Arden & GEM