About this event
To meet their new statutory responsibilities, ICS leaders need to consider their state of readiness in three areas that are fundamental to successfully integrating care:
- Identifying system resource challenges which limit the introduction of new treatments and interventions for patients
- Agreeing common decision criteria to support the whole system to prioritise funding between different clinical treatments and/or interventions
- Ensuring clinical policies are supported and implemented by all ICS stakeholder organisations.
These webinars will offer participants the opportunity to hear about some of the opportunities and challenges policy development, harmonisation and implementation presents, and how best to approach this process in their system.
Webinar dates and times
The support webinars for ICSs will take place via Microsoft Teams on two separate dates.
- Wednesday 29 June 2022, 12:30pm – 1.30pm
- Thursday 30 June 2022, 12:30pm – 1.30pm
Each session will include time for questions and discussion, offering attendees the opportunity to tap into the experience and expertise of presenters and peers.
Chaired by Dr Andrew O’Shaughnessy, Consultant in Public Health at NHS Arden & GEM CSU, the webinar will cover:
- The importance of and benefits from policy/pathway harmonisation
- Challenges and barriers and how to overcome them
- Understanding your current position
- Targeted support available to ICSs
As well as Dr O’Shaughnessy, attendees will also hear from Arden & GEM's Senior IFR Nurse Charlotte Nuttley and Neil Walker, Associate Director - Planned Care and Nurgis Shafiq Senior Commissioning Manager from NHS Birmingham and Solihull CCG about their policy harmonisation journey.
As ICSs are charged with responsibility for improving local population health within limited resources, reducing inequalities in healthcare access and outcomes, and improving quality of care alongside managing COVID-19 recovery, there has never been a more crucial time to ensure treatments and interventions offer best value.
Please register to better understand the policy challenge facing your system and the support available to you.