With IT playing an increasing role in the management and delivery of modern healthcare, our highly skilled IT team delivers a comprehensive service, from day to day IT support through to the development of bespoke systems to support clinical priorities.
• Strategic insight and practical experience to design, develop, build and maintain IT infrastructure that supports you to deliver your services.
• Robust development and support to GP practices, making best value of GP Systems of Choice (GPSoC) and ensuring that IT supports the development of federated primary care and wider new models of care.
• Planning and delivery of IT solutions across the care economy and development of new service models, including the implementation of digital roadmaps to paperless care by 2020.
• Detailed understanding of working with all existing clinical systems, enabling us to develop complementary tools to enhance your existing software.
• Safe and robust management and information sharing protocols around the appropriate use of patient and personal confidential data, fully compliant with NHS standards and ISO Security standard 27001.
• A strong track record of developing tailored solutions to enable better information sharing across primary, community and social care teams.
• A complete IT support service, including software, hardware and training underpinned by our IT service desk and field engineers.
• Development, hosting and maintenance of websites, intranets, business intelligence tools and cloud software solutions.
• A full range of ICT infrastructure services including data storage and backup, disaster recovery, server hosting, wireless provisioning and IP telephony services.
We provide flexible, responsive and resilient IT services designed to support CCGs in delivering both their corporate and GP IT objectives.
We have established a dedicated strategic IT programmes service, supported with robust operational delivery to ensure your IT needs are met.
In addition to core IT services, our clinical IT team is playing a growing role in supporting frontline services through the development of innovative tools to improve accuracy and consistency of care.
We have supported CCGs in Derbyshire to implement and make the best possible use of ‘NHS Florence’, the NHS developed text messaging service, to benefit both patients and clinicians. With over 230 patients registered and actively using the system at 39 GP practices, the Derbyshire Florence project is already issuing over 3,100 text messages a month.
In Milton Keynes, we developed and implemented a programme to facilitate integrated care which saw 260,000 patient records from every GP practice in the area migrated to a single integrated patient record system. The single record system was expanded to include Primary Care Outpatient Clinics (PCOCs), hospices, multi-disciplinary social care teams and other local clinical services. The project has improved safety, improved patient-centred integrated working and delivered annual cost savings of £400,000. This project was a finalist at the 2016 HSJ Awards.
“It has been great working with the Arden & GEM Clinical Systems team in the development of the Locality Based MDT Unit. The new unit is delivering a range of benefits including, streamlining the referral process from Primary Care, improved communications with GP’s, simplified data collection and easy access to activity and performance data. The team have been responsive, effective and provided us with excellent training on the new system.”
Ruth Adam, Programme Manager Whole System Integration, Milton Keynes CCG and Milton Keynes Council.
To view all our IT Services case studies please click here.
Events and campaigns such as this are always beneficial to both patients and our wider health infrastructure. We appreciated the opportunity to obtain patient stories as a result of this activity and thank the CSU for working across agencies.