Corporate Governance and Risk Management
We provide a range of governance services to help our clients embed cultures, policies and practices across their organisations to ensure they are responsible, accountable and fully compliant with the latest standards and legislation.
Our experienced and highly qualified teams offer advice and support with:
- Information governance
- Equality, inclusion and human rights
- Corporate assurance, incorporating risk management, business continuity and health and safety
- Freedom of Information
- A cost effective Information Governance (IG) service to help you manage your information safely and comply with governance standards and laws, including the Data Protection Act (1998), Freedom of Information Act (2000) and Section 251 compliance.
- Expertise and support to build, review and maintain your IG toolkit compliance, including self- assessments, action planning and progression.
- Caldicott Guardian/Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) support, ensuring training to the ‘master class’ standard, with access to our experts for continued advice and support including reporting requirements for Serious Incidents Requiring Investigation.
Equality, Inclusion and Human Rights
- A dedicated Equality, Inclusion and Human Rights team to help you implement equality and support inclusive cultures throughout teams and across communities, in line with the Equality Act 2010 and related legislation.
- Experience of working with CCGs and providers to audit and implement equalities activities which meet the obligations set by NHS England’s Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and the Workforce Race Equality Standard.
- Preparation of Equality Impact Assessments, toolkits, tailored equalities strategies and training, working in partnership across organisations to ensure that measures to reduce inequalities in healthcare are at the heart of new service development.
- A collaborative risk management service to guide, support and challenge CCGs in identifying, quantifying and managing risk, providing experienced and objective advice alongside robust risk management tools.
- Business continuity support to ensure CCGs have the right processes in place so that critical services and functions can be maintained in the event of a disruptive incident, including Business Continuity impact assessments, policy development and training.
- Supportive and proactive health and safety expertise and a competent person service, including carrying out annual audits and working with CCGs to put action plans in place.
- Specific training to ensure health and safety procedures are fully embedded across your organisation and an established health and safety management system based on the internationally recognised OHSAS 18001 standard.
- Flexible board support including development sessions, legal support and advice with issues such as declarations of interest and hospitality & gifts.
Freedom of Information
- An experienced, qualified FOI team that manages more than 3,000 FOI requests a year for CCG customers and can manage your FOI service through the entire life-cycle of a request and to deadline
- Strategic advice and guidance relating to the FOI Act around public interest factors affecting the disclosure of sensitive information, to ensure we protect your organisation’s reputation
- Support for internal or external reviews resulting from requestors’ appealing a decision not to disclose information – including appeals to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Our teams have a strong track record in providing robust, efficient and effective governance, assurance and risk services for our clients and have wide experience of working with local authorities and other healthcare providers.
With a full understanding of the deliverables that are required, we work with CCGs across a wide area to identify and continuously improve processes in line with the latest regulation and best practice - with a particular focus on helping you embed the approach across your organisation as a whole.
We ran a health aware communities event for families, attended by over 300 people. This brought together local residents from different ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds to raise awareness of health issues and provide vital health checks.
Our Information Governance experience ranges from core IG services for a number of CCGs to providing light touch GP IG support and advice via local area teams contracts. Project work includes rapid mobilisation to provide all the IG support required for the contract across Birmingham, Solihull and the Black Country, as well as working with the Arden, Hereford and Worcester Area regional team on the timely submission of their IG toolkit.
We successfully reviewed NHS England’s internal training package, delivering on time with very positive feedback to the team on the delivery content and overall approach.
We work with a number of CCGs to encourage a proactive and positive approach to health and safety, business continuity and risk management. By engaging with staff at all levels and providing training relevant to their situations, we have helped CCGs to develop an organisational culture where everyone takes personal responsibility in these key areas.
“This event was a perfect stepping stone for the many to become health conscious and begin to plan how they intend on living a healthier lifestyle. The precise planning and coordination made it a day full of fun and joy for people from various communities.”
Yaseen Ahmedabadi, Muslim Community Leader
“Thank you, as always you have done a sterling job and it is much appreciated.”
South Warwickshire CCG Head of Corporate Services
Find out more